Photographer of the Year 2023 – DETAILS
We are open for entries from 1 February 2023 to midnight on 30 April 2023. Judging will take place throughout those months and for the month of May 2023, and the winners will be announced by the end of May or early June 2023.
Entries will compete for the following coveted titles:
- The overall winner – 2023 Photographer of the Year
- The first runner-up;
- The second runner-up; and
- The highly commended finalists.
Entries must encompass the Celebration of Africa!
For more information about our fabulous prize go to our dedicated PRIZE page.
PANEL OF JUDGES
The judging panel is entirely from teamAG
- Only entries that are of African wildlife, landscapes, and/or culture will be accepted.
- Entries can be submitted from Wednesday, 1 February 2023 until midnight (CAT) on Sunday, 30 April 2023.
- Entrants must submit photos either via the online entry form or via email (email@example.com).
- By entering the Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year 2023 participants confirm that they have read and agree to the rules of the competition.
The selection process administered by the judges will be as follows:
- The ‘Weekly Selection’ will be the top submissions for each week during the period February to April 2023. This selection will be published at the end of each week on our website as a gallery and in an album on Facebook.
- During the month of May 2023, once the submission deadline has come and gone, the judges will judge all accumulated entries from the Weekly Selections, gradually reducing the number of qualifiers to a list of ‘Finalists’, from which the winners will be selected and announced in late May or early June 2023.