Job Vacancies and Internships
Africa Geographic is looking for a Marketer for our tour operating department in their Cape Town office. We create hand-made safaris for our international and local travel clients, which we market to more than two million readers of our blog, online magazine and social media. The candidate we are searching for must stand out from the crowd, be driven to produce inspiring & engaging online content, be passionate about safari travel and most importantly love and understand the world of online marketing – including content marketing and advertising campaigns.
The successful candidate should be creative, analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have the ability to work independently, under deadline constraints. PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE is a PRE-REQUISITE (first timers, or candidates without a proven track record should abstain from applying). We will require evidence of previous experience and track record.
Day-to-day responsibilities/Job description:
– Ongoing development and improving of the tour operating department’s marketing plan and strategy to increase our brand awareness and generate enquiries and bookings;
– Work closely with our media team to maximise exposure for our safaris on our own platforms – both via content and advertising banners;
– Work closely with our web team to constantly evolve our website and optimize for SEO;
– Work closely with our safari product and sales team to keep our website up to date
– Develop and implement our strategy to advertise our safaris across platforms such as Facebook and Google;
– Optimising of campaigns via newsletters, app and social media;
– Ongoing use of analytics to improve on our campaign results.
– 4+ years of relevant experience in online consumer marketing in the travel industry;
– Educated to degree/diploma level or equivalent marketing qualification;
– Analytical and quantitative skills – bias towards data-based decision making, but without sacrificing flare and innovation;
– Copywriting and editing;
– Attention to detail;
– English communication skills – written and verbal;
– Microsoft Word and Excel, WordPress, Photoshop;
– Some experience with SEO and social media admins.
– Remuneration based on experience and track record;
– Must have valid passport and be prepared to travel on a regular basis;
– Based at our offices in Westlake, Cape Town.
Please apply by sending your CV to: email@example.com
Please note: if you have not been contacted, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.