Safari client booking terms
These are the terms agreed to by clients coming on safaris with us
1. The Client, who hereby signifies his acceptance of the terms of this booking, does so on behalf of himself/herself and the other persons listed on this booking form, which means that all are bound by these terms as if they had individually made the application.
2a). A FIRST PAYMENT of 40% (forty percent) of the total booking price is required to confirm the booking, of which half (20%, twenty percent of the total booking price) is non-refundable unless Africa Geographic cancels the booking or the Client cannot be accommodated due to the safari being fully booked. The non-refundable portion of the first payment relates to direct and indirect costs incurred by Africa Geographic pertaining to services rendered during the consultation process between the Client and Africa Geographic during the research and compilation of this booking and in irrevocable undertakings to suppliers. The remaining half of the first payment (20%, twenty percent of the total booking price) is refundable, subject to clause 2b), if the Client cancels this booking before 105 (one hundred and five) days prior to the departure date of the safari, failing which it is also non-refundable.
2b). If Africa Geographic books and pays for any international, regional or local flights on instruction by the Client, and the Client cancels the booking and does not refund such payments on request by Africa Geographic, then Africa Geographic shall deduct the cost of such flights from any refund due to the Client in terms of 2a) and any shortfall shall be refunded by the Client.
3. The REMAINING PAYMENT (60%, sixty percent of the total booking price) due by the Client to Africa Geographic is payable before 105 (one hundred and five) days prior to the departure date of the safari. If this amount is not paid in full and timeously, Africa Geographic reserves the right to treat this booking as having been cancelled by the Client.
4. Bookings cancelled within 90 (ninety) to 60 (sixty) days of the safari departure date will incur a cancellation penalty of 50% (fifty percent) of the total booking price and bookings cancelled within 60 (sixty) days of the safari departure date will incur a cancellation penalty of 100% (one hundred percent) of the total booking price.
5. Bookings made within 90 (ninety) days of the safari departure date must be paid in full for the booking to be confirmed.
6. Postponement and amendments of bookings will be considered on an individual basis, with unsuccessful requests resulting in no changes to the terms of this booking.
7. Should the Client, for any reason, fail to join a safari or fail to utilise any accommodation/services booked by Africa Geographic on the Client’s behalf, they do so at their own risk, and Africa Geographic cannot be held liable for any refund, credit or liability. 8. Africa Geographic acts as an agent for the establishments and service providers (the Suppliers) and as such, is not responsible and does not accept any liability for any loss or damage that the Client may suffer as a result of the behaviour of such Suppliers or the failure by any Supplier to fulfil their obligations.
9. Africa Geographic reserves the right to cancel any safari before the departure date, in which case Africa Geographic shall be obliged to refund to the Client all amounts received from the Client relating to this booking, and Client shall have no further claim whatsoever against Africa Geographic concerning to the cancellation of this booking.
10. If an safari cannot commence due to circumstances beyond Africa Geographic’s control the safari will be annulled. These circumstances include, but are not limited to, government action, industrial dispute, war or threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity, riots, natural or human-made disaster, severe weather conditions, epidemics or pandemics, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation by air or sea carriers, or any situation considered in the sole discretion of Africa Geographic to be threatening to the safety of the Client and/or any other person. In the event of an annulment, Africa Geographic will refund all amounts received from the Client related to this booking minus non-refundable supplier prepayments for services already committed to by Africa Geographic. Africa Geographic will provide the necessary documentation to enable the Client to claim from their travel insurance. This clause does not cover other Client arrangements, and costs concluded by the Client outside of this booking, as these are for the Client’s own account.
11. Travel and medical insurance: It is shall be the sole responsibility of every Client to arrange and effect his/her insurance cover and to ensure that he/she and his/her dependants and travelling companions have adequate cover for the duration of the booking. Africa Geographic strongly recommends that Clients obtain, inter alia, the following types of insurance which are commercially available:
- accidental death and disability
- major medical procedures
- emergency medical evacuation
- loss of luggage and other personal effects
- trip cancellation
12. Africa Geographic reserves the right to change the safari itinerary and prices from time to time if such changes are necessitated by third-party factors, provided that the updated itinerary is not substantially different from the original itinerary and such changes are not deemed to be a cancellation by Africa Geographic.
13. The Client undertakes to have all required travel and health documents in their possession during travel, including but not limited to, passport, visas, vaccination certificates and insurance documentation. The Client also undertakes to research and equip themselves with all necessary personal health medications and equipment. Should Africa Geographic provide advice in these regards, such advice is purely for information purposes, has no legal or contractual value and does not constitute the assumption by Africa Geographic of any Client obligation or liability in these regards. No email or other communication between any Africa Geographic representative and the Client shall alter the terms of this paragraph.
14. The Client understands and accepts that the safari may involve exposure to risk and danger, including but not limited to, wild and dangerous animals and forms of transport for off-road, air and water travel, and voluntarily accepts all risk and responsibilities in these regards. The Client (including all heirs, executors, administrators and assigns) hereby irrevocably waives and abandons all rights and claims against Africa Geographic or any of its employees, directors, officers, shareholders, suppliers and agents (Africa Geographic Persons), in consequence of death, injury, psychological damage or any financial loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising (the Losses) which may be sustained directly or indirectly by the Client and/or any of the Client’s dependents. The aforesaid waiver and abandonment shall be applicable regardless of whether such Losses are caused through any act of negligence, including gross negligence or recklessness, whether by act or omission, by Africa Geographic or Africa Geographic Persons. Without derogating from the generality of the aforementioned, the Client hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Africa Geographic and Africa Geographic Persons from all and any claims of whatsoever nature which may be brought by or on behalf of the Client or any of the Client’s dependents. Nothing herein contained shall be construed as protecting Africa Geographic or Africa Geographic Persons from the consequences of their own willful intent.
15. Save what is provided for in this contract, Africa Geographic provides no warranties, representations, guarantees, promises, undertakings or inducements of any nature or form. No previous verbal or written undertakings or comments by Africa Geographic or Africa Geographic Persons impact this contract. The Client acknowledges that they have not relied on any communications not included in this contract.
16. These terms constitute the entire contractual relationship between Africa Geographic and the Client concerning this booking. No amendments shall be valid unless reduced to an amended and agreed upon contract between Africa Geographic and the Client.