Written by Southern African Conservation Trust (SACT)
Become an ‘Eco-warrior’ and help the Southern African Conservation Trust (SACT) to educate the less privileged children of Africa by making a small donation towards our Educational Conservation Comics.
The Southern African Conservation Trust has produced various educational comics for rural primary schools located adjacent to national parks or other wildlife protected areas in Southern Africa. The primary function of our conservation comics is to educate our young children on the value of their natural heritage in the area and the value of creating awareness around the species of animals and birds under threat.
The contents of the comics have been carefully researched to provide the children with a range of valuable resources, including:
• cultural value of the individual species of animal for future generations;
• how to protect their wildlife; and
• the role such animals play in the ecosystems.
We currently have in excess of 10,000 comics in rural schools: Vusa the lion guardian, Vusa the wildlife guardian, and Vusa the vulture guardian.
Currently in production are the wild dog, ground hornbill and elephant comics.
How do you become an ‘Eco-warrior’?
A donation of US$1.00 / R10.00 buys one comic book and includes printing and delivery expenses. As an ‘Eco-warrior’ you are helping us to educate the conservationists of tomorrow! All comics are delivered free of charge to the schools within Southern Africa by our business partners DHL EXPRESS.
We value and are grateful for whatever donation you can afford!
To comment on this story: To protect you against trolls & misinformation, we only permit comments in our app. See how to DOWNLOAD OUR APP below.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF AFRICA GEOGRAPHIC:
- Download our APP (mobile phone & desktop) to receive travel discounts, comment on our stories, make safe donations and network with others like you. Find out more here.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our best stories in your inbox weekly and for travel discounts. Subscribe here.
- Travel with us. Travel in Africa is about knowing when and where to go, and with whom. A few weeks too early / late and a few kilometres off course and you could miss the greatest show on Earth. And wouldn’t that be a pity? Search for your ideal safari here, or contact an Africa Geographic safari consultant to plan your dream vacation.