Photographer of the Year 2019 – ENTRY DETAILS
The Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year 2019 competition will run from December 2018 to May 2019. Entries can be submitted up to midnight (CAT) on Tuesday, 30 April 2019, after which they will close and the winners will be announced end of May 2019.
Entries will compete for the following coveted titles:
• The overall winner – 2019 Photographer of the Year
• The first runner-up;
• The second runner-up;
• The top five commendable finalists;
• The “Facebook Favourite” – as chosen by our Facebook community through voting on our Facebook page;
• The “Website Favourite” – as chosen by our online community through voting on our website voting page;
• And the “Insta Favourite” – as chosen by our Instagram community through voting on our Instagram page.
Entries must encompass the Celebration of Africa!
For more information about our fabulous prize go to our dedicated PRIZE page.
PANEL OF JUDGES
The judging panel is made up of the Africa Geographic editorial team.
• Entries can be submitted from Friday, 30 November 2018 until midnight (CAT) on Tuesday, 30 April 2019.
• Entrants must submit photos via the online entry form, or via Instagram using the hashtag #AfricaGeoPhoto.
• By entering the Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year 2019 participants confirm that they have agreed to the rules of the competition.
The selection process administered by the judges will be as follows:
• The ‘Weekly Selection’ will be the top entries submitted via the AG website and Instagram. This selection will be published at the end of each week on our website voting page, in our weekly online magazine as a gallery and in an album on Facebook;
• The weekly entries posted onto the AG website voting page and into the AG Facebook album, as well as all entries posted by AG into Instagram will be accessible for public voting of the most popular entries, and the AG team will encourage voting via these platforms;
• During the month of May 2019, once the submission deadline has come and gone, the judges will judge all accumulated entries from the Weekly Selections, gradually reducing the number of qualifiers to a list of ‘Finalists’, from which the winners will be selected and announced in June 2019;
• The most popular photos, as voted by our community, published on the AG website voting page, in the Facebook albums and on Instagram will be tallied and made known towards in early in June 2019.