Taj Cape Town is celebrating its fifth anniversary this year and are inviting the public to get Instagramming in order to mark the occasion. The Taj Cape Town has decided to embrace its location – in the heart of the Mother City, by joining forces with the new City Walk route to give you the #CelebrateCapeTown Instagram competition. Launching on Saturday, 18th July, to coincide with Cape Town Partnership’s monthly flagship City Saturdays event, the competition invites locals and visitors alike to capture their central city stories through photography.
Taj Cape Town and the new City Walk route offer endless photographic opportunities – from the beautiful historic hotel architecture, to secret culinary finds along St George’s Mall and the diverse locals who roam the city sidewalks. With five different competition categories, including:
– Architecture (buildings, cityscapes, historic, interiors, industrial)
– People (hotel staff, family, portraiture, self-portrait)
– Elements of design (man-made or natural, elements that showcase line, shape, pattern, form, texture, perspective)
– Nature (aerial, flowers, seasons, sunset, trees, wildlife)
– Arts and culture (street art, performing arts, food),
every individual is bound to capture a visual memory which tells a unique city story or portrays their favourite inner city moment.
The competition boasts a grand prize, valued at more than R75,000 and includes a one night stay in Taj Cape Town’s famed two-storey Presidential Suite for two people, including a gourmet dinner party for eight cooked by a private chef and served in the suite. Prizes for the five category winners are valued at more than R25,000 each and include a two night stay in a Luxury Mountain-view room and a three-course dinner with wine pairing at Bombay Brasserie. The photographic entry that receives the most Instagram Likes will also be awarded, with the photographer receiving a one night stay in a Luxury Mountain-view room and a three-course dinner at Mint, the Local Grill. There is no limit to the amount of photographic entries submitted, so snap away for more chance to win.
For creative inspiration join the #CelebrateCapeTown Instawalk on 18 July, departing at 10:00 from the Taj Cape Town lobby (corner of Wale St and St Georges Mall). The 1 hour 30 minute guided walk will take you along the City Walk route, showcasing a varied landscape of inner city stories. The route will be a buzz of activity on the day, with various Mandela Day celebrations taking place, along with the City Saturdays planned activities.
The competition closing date is Friday, 21 August. For more information visit www.tajcapetown.co.za.
Competition Terms & Conditions
– To enter, you must be at least 18 years of age.
-Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces employees and their immediate family members are not eligible. Immediate family includes only spouses, parents and children.
– Competition period commences at 00:00 on 18 July 2015 and ends 23:59 on 21 August 2015.
– Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish throughout the competition period.
– No entrant may win more than one prize.
– To enter, entrants must post a photo of their Cape Town moment on Instagram and tag the photo using the following hashtags: #TajCapeTown, #CelebrateCapeTown.
– Only photographs taken along the Big 7 City Walk route and of Taj Cape Town will be considered as competition entries. Images can be taken of Taj Cape Town hotel staff.
– Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry photograph has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and Taj Cape Town, free of any royalty fees.
– Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. We retain sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
– The winners will be chosen by an independent judging panel and entries will be accessed on photographic execution, creativity, originality and artistic merit.
– The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into afterwards.
– The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
– Overall best and most creative photographic depiction that celebrates central Cape Town
– 5 x sub-categories:
3) Elements of design
5) Art and culture
6) Most Instagram Likes
Prizes – subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply*.
– Grand prize – A one night stay for 2 people in the Presidential Suite of the Taj Cape Town (B&B basis), a private gourmet dinner for the winner and 7 friends served in the Presidential Suite, valued at R75,000.
– 5 sub-categories prizes – A two night stay in a Luxury Mountain-view room at Taj Cape Town (B&B basis) and a 3-course dinner at Bombay Brasserie with wine pairing, for 2 people, valued at R25,000.
– Prize for the most Likes – A one night stay in a Luxury Mountain-view room at Taj Cape Town (B&B basis) and a 3-course dinner at Mint, the Local Grill, for 2 people, valued at R 12,500.
* All extras excluded. This prize is non-transferable and subject to availability. Prize may not be exchanged for cash. It excludes 25 December 2015 – 05 January 2016. Prize excludes bookings over public holidays, Mining Indaba and Cape Town Jazz Festival. Expires 29 February 2016.
– By entering the contest, entrants agree to have their submitted name and photograph entry displayed on Taj Cape Town’s website and social media channels and used by Taj Cape Town for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation.
– All photographs will be credited to the photographer and will not be altered from its original form.
– Taj Cape Town reserves the right to use all photographs as it sees fit, in any form and completely royalty-free.
Taj Cape Town does not collect any personal information in this competition. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, you will be contacted by Taj Cape Town on Instagram and asked to contact us for the purposes of distributing your prize to you.