Job Vacancies and Internships
Online Tourism: Sales & Marketing Intern
Job Level: Full time internship
Education Level: Matric
Location: Southern Suburbs, Cape Town, Western Cape
Payment: R2000 p/month compensation
Only Cape Town residents may apply please. Africa Geographic is looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for online media, tourism, sales and marketing to manage a growing portfolio of lodge clients.
This position requires a self-driven, diligent individual with great administration skills. The right candidate must have strong sales and marketing skills, tourism industry knowledge, an in-depth understanding of the travel trade and a good idea of the digital marketing environment. A strong passion for the exciting world of travel, wildlife and conservation is also an essential requirement when working at Africa Geographic.
Africa Geographic offers a magnificent training ground for an entry-level candidate to grow and learn in this ever-changing industry. Although the role is for a temporary internship position if the candidate shows promise they could find themselves with exciting career prospects at Africa Geographic.
- Constant monitoring and updating of the Special Places clients
- Sourcing and securing marketing contracts with Special Places members
- Digital marketing of the lodges together with the online editorial team
- Formulating a long-term marketing and sales plan and implementation of this
- Handling the day to day administration behind the Special Places brand
- Manage partner agreements
- Set and manage revenue goals
- Conduct sales online through email means
- Prepare detailed and personalized proposals for each client
- Follow up regularly with clients for marketing purposes
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong computer skills
- Broad understanding of digital marketing
- Understanding of the African travel trade
- Interest and passion for travel, wildlife, conservation and Africa
- Attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Must work well under pressure
- Basic understanding of social media
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Good negotiation and closing skills
How to apply: Email: [email protected]
Please note: if you have not been contacted, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Only short list candidates will be contacted.