Subscribe to our newsletter and stand a chance to win this magical getaway, PLUS rub shoulders with a famous author. One lucky newsletter subscriber and their partner will get to spend three nights in the bush with renowned author Tony Park as he launches his new book; The Prey.
One lucky couple will be flown to Johannesburg (return flights from Cape Town, Durban or Port Elizabeth), where they will be transferred by road to the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. Here they will enjoy an adventurous and exclusive three-night stay at the new Tanda Tula Field Camp with renowned Australian author Tony Park, all expenses paid.
Tanda Tula Field Camp offers the ultimate exclusive experience in guided walking safaris and is a non-permanent, explorer-styled tented camp located in a private concession in the eastern region of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. The atmosphere of the camp is that of a bygone era, drawing on traditions of the classic east African safari with beautifully detailed campaign-style furniture. The camp’s philosophy and practices are similar to those of the early explorer camps of Africa. Tanda Tula Field Camp is exclusively set up and taken down for each safari and is designed for absolute minimal environmental impact. The field camp guests are hosted by a carefully selected, handpicked team that includes a personal guide, tracker, chef and general camp staff. During the Tanda Tula Field Camp experience, the prize winners will rediscover the true African walking safari in an unfenced environment, being completely immersed in the African bush. Here they will track lion, elephant and rhino as well as a variety of other game species in a very informative and exciting experience.
This experience offers the opportunity to rediscover a true African safari and spend time with an international bestseller. Australian writer Tony Park fell in love with South Africa on a short trip in 1995. He is a major in the Australian Army Reserve and has worked in journalism and PR, including six months in Afghanistan in 2002 as PR officer for the Australian ground forces. Tony and his wife Nicola now divide their time between Sydney and the African bush.
Winners will need to be available from 23 May to 26 May for the Field Camp experience. On 24 May the winners will attend Tony Park’s book launch at Tanda Tula Safari Camp, located a few kilometres away from Tanda Tula Field Camp.
During the book launch, the prize winners will enjoy fine bush dining with an exclusive group of guests while Tony Park gives a brief talk about his new book, The Prey. In addition to this exclusive getaway, the prize winners will also receive a full set of Tony Park books, signed by the author himself!
After the book launch the prize winners will return with Tony Park to the Tanda Tula Field Camp where they will have exclusive use of the camp and its traversing area.
- A three-night Tanda Tula Field Camp experience for two, all expenses paid. This includes accommodation, meals, local drinks and conservation levies
- Return domestic flights for two people to OR Tambo airport from Durban International, Cape Town International or Port Elizabeth International Airports
- Return road transfer from OR Tambo Airport to Tanda Tula
- A signed Tony Park book set
- Invitation to the exclusive Tony Park book launch (The Prey) which will take place at Tanda Tula Safari Camp
- Curio items
- Imported drinks
- International airfares
- Conservation levies (R180 per person once off fee)
- Visas where applicable
- Any services not included in itinerary
- Any other costs of personal nature like gratuities, additional transfers, telephone calls etc.
Terms and Conditions:
1. This competition will close on 18 April 2014.
2. The winners will be drawn by us via an automated process and the advised by way of an email to the email address provided. If winners do not respond to this email within 72 hours, they forfeit the prize and new winners will be drawn.
3. Flights will be booked for the winners by the publishers.
4. Date of the prize is confirmed for 23-26 May 2014 ONLY (winners who are not available will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn). Winners will need to be available to depart on 23 May 2014 and return on 26 May 2014.
5. The prize is valued at R103 500 and is not redeemable for cash or transferable
6. Due to the walking nature of this prize, winners will need to have a moderate fitness
7. No children under 12 years will be permitted
8. The accommodation is for two people sharing